Friday, September 3, 2010

Wrapping Up the Summer

Hello everybody,

It's been a hot and humid August at home in New Jersey and Momma, Daddy, Alie and I have been very busy. Over the past few weeks we went to the Butterfly Festival at the local nature preserve, a pool party and a barbecue with Mommy and Daddy's college friends. We also had visits from both sets of my grandparents. There has also been a lot of news at home. I now sleep in a real bed and Alie has started to eat rice cereal.

The first group of pictures are from the Butterfly Festival at the Watershed. When we got there I got to meet our congressman Rush Holt. My Aunt Orly used to work for him in Washington. Then we walked around and saw all the butterflies, insects, frogs, snakes, fish and turtles.

Mommy, Alie and I are in the Butterfly House. There were many beautiful plants and flowers and there were butterflies flying everywhere.

Daddy and I posed at the cutout. He is a butterfly and I am a caterpillar.
Here I am stamping an animal footprint into the sand.
I wore my butterfly shirt to the Butterfly Festival. Alie had a matching one too.
Here is Alie. She is getting so big and I'm trying to be a good big sister. We started sharing a room and soon she will move into my old crib now that I have a big bed. You'll just have to believe me since Mommy and Daddy haven't taken a picture of it yet.
Daddy and I went swimming at a pool party at his friend's house. It took a while for me to get in, but I really liked the water.
Here I am in the living room with Mommy and Alie. We all love giving hugs.
We are almost done with finishing the basement. Saba and Buppa both came to help Daddy work on finishing things up. I promise we will take some pictures and show them in a future blog entry. When Buppa came he brought Bob down for a few days and here is a picture of him reading to me.

I told you Alie was starting to eat rice cereal. She is doing a great job eating even though sometimes there is more cereal on her face then in her mouth. I guess that's part of the process, or at least that's what Momma and Daddy say.

Happy Labor Day to all and hopefully things cool off now that it's September and fall is around the corner. Daddy's work starts up again this weekend and Momma starts school next week so unfortunately it seems as though the summer is over. We had so much fun and loved spending time and seeing all of our family and friends.

That's all for now and we will see you soon.
Love,
Morgan

No comments: